Monday, February 7, 2011

A Twist of positivity

                                        A Twist of Positivety
                                             By : Armand Reneu

How many moments of frustration do you live daily?

How frequently do you experience anger, sadness, fear and apathy?

How about the feeling of being a victim?

I used to experience all those feelings very intensively and too frequently for my liking.

Other people seemed to be doing so much better than me at almost everything and I had to figure out why. That's how my quest started!

I read up on various subjects and discovered that what you think influences the way you feel which in turn influences how you deal with situations in your life.


When you feel GOOD you do GOOD!
I started experiencing the effects of positive thinking when I became more aware of my thoughts and my feelings. I read as many books about positive thinking as possible and put into practice almost every technique I came across, from positive affirmations to meditation to using programs for positive thinking.

I've gathered a good bunch of positive tips. I feel good when I can pass these tips on to others who may benefit.

I practice the things I write about. My thoughts have changed my life for the better in very little time and continues to do so as I learn more.

I still experience negative feelings, though it doesn't happen as often and as distressingly as before. I now know how to think myself into feeling better.
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." Buddha

“I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better. G.C. Lichtenberg

"Ordinary people believe only in the possible. Extraordinary people visualize not what is possible or probable, but rather what is impossible. And by visualizing the impossible, they begin to see it as possible. " Cherie Carter-Scott

“ Some people say motivation doesn't stick. Well either does a shower-that's why we advise you to take one everyday." Zig Ziglar

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."Eleanor Roosevelt

"Joy or Misery is a choice we have to make daily. If we are busy being grateful, we'll not have time to be miserable." Author Unknown

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." Vince Lombardi
"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." Friedrich Nietzsche

"The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose." Richard Leider

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."Dolly Parton

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" Abe Lincoln

"As long as you live, keep learning how to live." Seneca

"I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable - but through it all I still know quite certainly, that just to be alive is a grand thing." Agatha Christie


How do I change?
If I feel depressed I will sing.
If I feel sad I will laugh.
If I feel ill I will double my labour.
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will think of past success.
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
Today I will be the master of my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment